Cosa dicono di se i principali web framework per Python? Dalle loro stesse "parole". E' una breve raccolta (senza pretesa di completezza) di testi estratti dai siti di riferimento.
Spero possa essere utile.
Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
Developed by a fast-moving online-news operation, Django was designed to handle two challenges: the intensive deadlines of a newsroom and the stringent requirements of the experienced Web developers who wrote it. It lets you build high-performing, elegant Web applications quickly.
Django focuses on automating as much as possible and adhering to the DRY principle.
Pyramid attempts to follow these design and engineering principles:
- Pyramid takes a “pay only for what you eat” approach. You can get results even if you have only a partial understanding of Pyramid. It doesn’t force you to use any particular technology to produce an application, and we try to keep the core set of concepts that you need to understand to a minimum.
- Pyramid tries to solve only the fundamental problems of creating a web application: the mapping of URLs to code, templating, security and serving static assets. We consider these to be the core activities that are common to nearly all web applications.
- Pyramid’s minimalism means that it is easier for us to maintain complete and up-to-date documentation. It is our goal that no aspect of Pyramid is undocumented.
- Pyramid is designed to provide noticeably fast execution for common tasks such as templating and simple response generation. Although “hardware is cheap”, the limits of this approach become painfully evident when one finds him or herself responsible for managing a great many machines.
- Pyramid is developed conservatively and tested exhaustively. Where Pyramid source code is concerned, our motto is: “If it ain’t tested, it’s broke”.
- As with Python, the Pyramid software is distributed under a permissive open source license.
Free open source full-stack framework for rapid development of fast, scalable, secure and portable database-driven web-based applications. Written and programmable in Python.
- Batteries Included
- Everything you need in one package including fast multi-threaded web server, SQL database and web-based interface. No third party dependencies but works with third party tools.
- Web-Based IDE
- Create, modify, deploy and manage application from anywhere using your browser. One web2py instance can run multiple web sites using different databases.
- Extensive Docs
- Start with some quick examples, then read the manual, watch videos, and join a user group for discussion. Take advantage of the layouts, plugins, appliances, and recipes.